Upcoming Paid Online Courses (3)
Are you interesting in gaining a better grasp of mental health and mental illness? This course can show you the way. The learning and teaching materials are supported by a drama which unfolds over six episodes, and follows the journey of Mrs. Carol Price as she becomes ill but goes onto recover. There is an expectation that course participants will have an understanding of how health and social care is delivered in the UK.
This course explores a variety of electronic applications used in the promotion of healthy behavior, focusing on cases relating to physical health (electronic cigarettes), mental health (apps and wearables), and social health (e-mediation). In each of these areas, experts will share cutting-edge scientific knowledge and demonstrate some of the latest e-applications to boost healthy behavior. The course consists of 3 modules:
- e-Cigarette: Promoting physical health. In this module, you will learn about the potential implications of e-cigarettes as a Tobacco Harm Reduction Strategy. You will gain contemporary scientific knowledge about the safety, efficacy, and potential health threats of using e-cigarettes.
- e-Mental Health: Promoting mental health. In this module, you will learn about innovations in online, mobile and wearable tools used in mental healthcare (a rapidly expanding field), as well as their potential advantages and disadvantages.
- e-Mediation: Promoting social health. In this module, you will learn about the core principles of mediation, and how you can use electronic communication to prevent escalation and promote conflict resolution during the mediation process.
This MOOC consists of knowledge clips, demonstration movies, exercises, discussion, and homework (reading) assignments.
Explore current social welfare issues in the context of their history and the underlying rationale and values that support different approaches. Emphasis is placed on major fields of social work service such as:
- income maintenance
- health care
- mental health
- child welfare
- elderly services
You will learn about analytic frameworks with regard to social welfare policies and services. These frameworks identify strengths and weaknesses in the current social welfare system with respect to:
- multiculturalism and diversity
- social justice and social change
- behavioral and social science theory and research
- relevant social work promotion, prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation programs
There are four main content areas for the course.
- The philosophic and practical basis for social welfare provisions.
- The history of the social work profession and the emergence of specific policies and programs within their historical, social and political contexts.
- A critical analysis of current social welfare policies in the U.S. and cross-nationally, and programs, nationally and cross-nationally with attention to the evolving policies.
- An understanding of theory/research, debates, and trends in social welfare provision and patterns of service delivery.
This course is part of the Social Work: Practice, Policy and Research MicroMasters Program offered by MichiganX.
Trusted paper writing service WriteMyPaper.Today will write the papers of any difficulty.