Online courses directory (434)
Other topics covered in this software engineering course include:
- How to form, organize and manage small programming teams
- Introduction to design patterns: what they are and how to recognize opportunities to apply them
- Using Rails for more advanced features like third-party authentication and elegantly expressing design patterns that arise frequently in SaaS
There will be four homework assignments: two programming assignments, an open source assignment and one assignment about operations/deployment. There will also be several short quizzes. The videos and homework assignments used in this offering of the course were revised in October 2016.
This course covers the essential information that every serious programmer needs to know about algorithms and data structures, with emphasis on applications and scientific performance analysis of Java implementations. Part I covers basic iterable data types, sorting, and searching algorithms.
Although attention will be devoted to the causes and long-term consequences of the Civil War, this class will focus primarily on the war years (1861-1865) with special emphasis on the military and technological aspects of the conflict. Four questions, long debated by historians, will receive close scrutiny:
- What caused the war?
- Why did the North win the war?
- Could the South have won?
- To what extent is the Civil War America's "defining moment"?