Courses tagged with "Social Sciences" (2)
Explore current social welfare issues in the context of their history and the underlying rationale and values that support different approaches. Emphasis is placed on major fields of social work service such as:
- income maintenance
- health care
- mental health
- child welfare
- elderly services
You will learn about analytic frameworks with regard to social welfare policies and services. These frameworks identify strengths and weaknesses in the current social welfare system with respect to:
- multiculturalism and diversity
- social justice and social change
- behavioral and social science theory and research
- relevant social work promotion, prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation programs
There are four main content areas for the course.
- The philosophic and practical basis for social welfare provisions.
- The history of the social work profession and the emergence of specific policies and programs within their historical, social and political contexts.
- A critical analysis of current social welfare policies in the U.S. and cross-nationally, and programs, nationally and cross-nationally with attention to the evolving policies.
- An understanding of theory/research, debates, and trends in social welfare provision and patterns of service delivery.
This course is part of the Social Work: Practice, Policy and Research MicroMasters Program offered by MichiganX.
By the end of this course you will have developed a spoken and written profile in German that reflects your backgrounds, customs and the cities you live in. Through the medium of a foreign language, we will learn about each other and exchange our reactions to contemporary German life and lifestyles.
Trusted paper writing service WriteMyPaper.Today will write the papers of any difficulty.